One of the best pound for pound weight saving you can do on the Lotus Exige V6 S3 is to swap the heavy OEM battery for a lithium alternative. In our own efforts to save weight see 'reducing weight thread' we removed over 16KG in one move!
£ to Kg saved there is no better weight reduction upgrade you can achieve and we did the calculations!
Today our Li battery of choice is the innovative LiteBlox solution which provides even better weight saving (than our original Braille) as well as super intelligence through their smart phone app which makes the battery a complete game changer.
Specs as follows:
- Saves 15-20kg (33-44lbs) to a standard starter battery and battery tray
- Plug’n’play replacement for the Lotus Exige V6
- Wireless interface for wireless data monitoring via Smartphone App
- Maintenance-free due to intelligent BMS-System (over-/undervoltage, over-/undertemperatur, overcurrent & short ciruit)
- Innovative & smart electronics for kill-switch via Smartphone App in two different programs:
1.) I.K.O.S. – Intelligent Kill-Operation-Switch:
effective disconnection of the LITE↯BLOX from the vehicle due to overload or via Smartphone (emergency or extended sitting periods), similar to the common FIA kill-off switch
2.) A.V.A.T. – Active Vehicle Anti Theft:
while all consumers are still being provided with energy, the LITE↯BLOX will instantly shut down at any theft attempt
- Latest premium cell technology (A123 ANR26650M1B V3)
- Marginal self-drain when not in use (sitting time >200days)
- FIA approved for Formula3 F3
- DMSB homologated (Lithium Ion battery RLB2016-27/17)
- Professional Motorsport Tested
AVAILABILITY: 7-14 Day Lead Time